New Passions

During my geology class on Wednesday I was struck by the excitement in my professors voice. To nearly everyone in the class, especially me, his words mesh into a drone that I try hard to focus on. I struggle because geology doesn't engage me. But to Professor Soreghan, geology brings color to his life. He teaches other classes and I can't imagine how bored I would be having to repeat the same information to students everyday, year after year. 

But then I realized that's how I had started to feel about blogging. It's become a passion. I feel like I'm in a new relationship. The kind that gives you butterflies when you see their name pop up on your screen with a text message. The kind that you procrastinate your homework for. The kind that makes you excited to wake up in the morning. The kind that you daydream about before you fall asleep.

I'm having an affair with my blog.

It's really serious. Last night I made an effort to fall asleep around 12:30. Didn't happen. Wanna know why? Because everytime I let my mind wander unhindered I was struck by a new thought for this blog. A new topic. A new sentence structure. It got to the point that I had to write down these thoughts or they were going to haunt me. So I now have a list featuring scraps of ideas on my phone. 7 right now to be exact. 

JayKay. That'd be 8 now. They literally come from nowhere and engulf me until I give them proper attention. Can blogging be a fulltime job? Is that allowed?

So be on the lookout for several new posts from yours truly, A Very Lucky Girl. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?