A Penny for Your Sin

I heard an analogy recently about sin that I wanted to share as a caution against judging others. I searched online for someone who could put it more eloquently than I, but my google search came up empty. 

Imagine that every time you did something wrong, a penny was stacked against you. You lied, you cheated, you drank in excess. Those are pennies stacked against you. Then someone you know committed a more "grievous" sin, according to what some in the world may think. They partook in adultery or gave in to a harmful addiction. In our human minds, those sins deserve higher stacks of pennies. But in God's eyes, He looks down and just sees the fact you both have pennies stacked against you. He doesn't see the height of the stack the world sees. He only sees the one coin on top indicating your imperfection and need for redemeption that you share with the person who sinned "more." 
Sin is not measured in degrees
"None is righteous, no, not one." Romans 3:10

Pinterest has great insight

I am an equal opportunity sinner, as are you. Lucky for us both, we have an equal opportunity shot to grasp the redemption Jesus offers. Those pennies aren't saved in any sort of bank once I relinquish my sinful nature to God. Hello, my name is A Very Lucky Girl, child of the one True King, I've been saved, I've been changed, I've been set free. And I am no longer defined by the wreckage, or stack of pennies, I leave behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?