A Very Broken Girl: Week Eleven

Love always Protects.
The way the protection of real love makes sense to me is to think of an iPhone case. Just your standard otterbox, nothing fancy or overdone. An accessible and affordable option to keep the phone sheathed. 
Even with an easy grip case, I drop my phone regularly. At least once a week it hits the floor at a medium to high intensity. 
But the case does its job. My phone is crack-free. The vulnerability of the iPhone is countered by the sturdiness and shock absorbency of its blue jacket.
In a similar way, loving someone in a real way involves striving to protect their vulnerability from the "falls" of life. It doesn't mean they won't fall, because they will. Everytime I think I've hit rock bottom this summer the bottom suddenly falls out again and I'm back to free-falling. But the love of people like Megan and Mimi and Didi breaks the sudden drop and keeps me from completely shattering. A Very Lucky Girl is scuffed, but love is a mighty shield. 
When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
And things can only get better
'Cause if He started this work in your life
He'll be faithful to complete it
If only you believe it
He knows how much it hurts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?