RAKs on RAKs on RAKs

So I've been trying this new thing where I make a genuine effort to be truly nice to people, just for the sake of kindness. Not because of what they can do for me. 


It's out of character. I'm intensely selfish by nature. So I'm issuing myself a challenge this summer. I challenged myself last summer, but it was an entirely different kind of challenge. I like this one better. I want to demonstrate a Random Act of Kindness to someone every day (this is where you go "ohhh now I understand her title!") during these next few sweltering months. Friends, strangers, annoying customers at Jamba Juice, kindness knows no discrimination. I've been struck lately that you never really know what's happening in someone else's life. And for that reason, being hateful has the power to be doubly damaging.  I don't even want to single damage. A single kind word or action flips my days and I'd love to make other people feel the same.


It takes 21 days to form a habit. I hope to be doing this for at least 3 times that. I could turn these Random Acts of Kindness into a Random Life of Kindness. The acronym isn't as catchy, but I could get over that. It's time to RAK it up. Are you ready for this Oklahoma City? A Very Lucky Girl is comin' atcha. 


The song has nothing to do with anything. Except that it's catchy. And has the word "rack" in it. I should have warned you ahead of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?