I wish I was better at using my words vocally, but I'm still learning how to think thoroughly before speaking.
I attended a student assistant training on Sunday afternoon for next fall and learned a lot about myself. The speakers asked us to take the StrengthsQuest Survey prior to arriving and to learn what our top 5 strengths were according to the test.
The results were lengthy and detailed, but a single worksheet on strengthsquest.com summed up each of my strengths.
- Maximizer: People talented in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something especially talented into something superb.
- Consistency: People talented in the Consistency theme are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same. They try to treat everyone in the world with consistency by setting up clear rules and adhering to them.
- Empathy: People talented in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others' lives or others' situations.
- Harmony: People talented in the Harmony theme look for consensus. They don't enjoy conflict; rather, they seek areas of agreement.
- Discipline: People talented in the Discipline theme enjoy routine and structure. Their world is best described by the order they create.
Which is why this week is focused on what I lack in being patient, especially the patience to allow my relationship building characteristics to overshadow my executive tendencies.
A Very Lucky Girl wants to only check tasks, not people, off her to-do list.