Bunny Hunting Season

I was thrilled to spend Easter weekend at home this year. Tyler generously drove me to OKC where we found Oakes had recently asked his prom date to the dance in an Easter bunny costume befitting the season. On a sudden inspiration, I asked to borrow the costume. 
Tyler and I took off in the Prius for our destination, only stopping at Krispy Kreme, because why not? I arrived at her apartments, donned the ridiculous outfit, and armed myself with her favorite donut (cream-filled with chocolate icing) and an Easter basket brimming with souvenirs from my Spring Break trip. I was a little short for the costume, but I waddled over to her door, the butt of the bunny hanging somewhere around my knees, and knocked.
Tyler positioned himself to the side, hidden from her view, but able to take pictures.
No one answered the door. So I awkwardly knocked again, no small task with hands full of goodies. Her dog began to bark so I stepped back, sure that she would answer.
Nothing. Tyler and I whisper-conferenced about what to do as claustrophobia crept into the nooks of my bunny head.
At a loss, I banged on the door again and then heard a man yelling behind me, "hey, what are you DOING?"
Uhhh, my friend lives here!
"Who's your friend?"
Megan!
"Well, you scared the crap out of her, she called her apartment security."
He persuaded Megan and her roommate, Hannah, to open the door, where we discovered that Hannah had also dialed 911.
"Yeah, there's a guy in a bunny costume at our door and he has something in his hand."
DONUTZ. AND PRESENTZ. HIDE YOUR KIDS HIDE YOUR WIFE CUZ THOSE BUNNIES ARE OUT TO GET EVERYONE OUT THERE.
Once the potential crisis was averted for Megan and Hannah and the police were told to not come and arrest me, I was welcomed into the apartment where I apologized profusely for scaring them.
But, I have to say, how many murderers/thugs/thieves/unsavory individuals commit their crimes in bunny costumes? That was an unwieldy outfit; I could barely breathe, let alone have enough arm movement for attack. 
All's well that ends well and A Very Lucky Girl learned to never show up to Megan's dressed as anyone else ever again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?