New Year, New Me

Lies. It's all lies.
Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic to have goals. But it's far better to make them attainable. If there's one thing I took away from my Gateway class during my Freshman year at OU it's the SMART acronym for goal-setting.
Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely
New Year's Resolutions are not renowned for their longevity. January 1st finds people casually tossing around statements like "Yeah, I quit drinking. Yeah, I'm gonna lose weight. Yeah, I'm gonna read the Bible in a year." But January 15th rolls around and that one shot with your friends on Friday night was too tempting, Krispy Kreme had a buy a dozen get a dozen deal, and Numbers is not a riveting book of the Bible. Human nature is to collapse in despair after a failure and give up on your 2013 transformation. 
Not to sound too Nike-esque...JUST DO IT.

I'm not overly fond of New Year's Resolutions, the main reason being that I think it's best to be making goals to better my life constantly and consistently, not just on a yearly basis. 

Here's my plan: In 2013, I plan to be unapologetically me. To everyone, in any situation. There's no sense in channeling any other person or personality. Imma do me. Starting now. Which means there is not a thug molecule in my body, so allow me to rephrase: A Very Lucky Girl is going to do her. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?