Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Me

Lies. It's all lies.
Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic to have goals. But it's far better to make them attainable. If there's one thing I took away from my Gateway class during my Freshman year at OU it's the SMART acronym for goal-setting.
Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely
New Year's Resolutions are not renowned for their longevity. January 1st finds people casually tossing around statements like "Yeah, I quit drinking. Yeah, I'm gonna lose weight. Yeah, I'm gonna read the Bible in a year." But January 15th rolls around and that one shot with your friends on Friday night was too tempting, Krispy Kreme had a buy a dozen get a dozen deal, and Numbers is not a riveting book of the Bible. Human nature is to collapse in despair after a failure and give up on your 2013 transformation. 
Not to sound too Nike-esque...JUST DO IT.

I'm not overly fond of New Year's Resolutions, the main reason being that I think it's best to be making goals to better my life constantly and consistently, not just on a yearly basis. 

Here's my plan: In 2013, I plan to be unapologetically me. To everyone, in any situation. There's no sense in channeling any other person or personality. Imma do me. Starting now. Which means there is not a thug molecule in my body, so allow me to rephrase: A Very Lucky Girl is going to do her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment