Addisonsaversary

then
then


Two years down fighting Addison's Disease, hopefully plenty to go! Annual shout out to Sharbear, OU medical center Edmond, and cortisol for saving my life. 
then


then
Addisonial crisis
On January 17th, 2011 I was flopped in an ICU hospital bed in an Addison's-induced and morphine-enhanced state of delirium. I had nightmares about sleeping among giant vegetables (as if I loved squash before...), being the victim in high-speed police car chase (the brakes wouldn't work! Not my fault!), and mistakenly thought I had been moved to 3 different rooms during my stay at the hospital. The first room my mind invented was a luxurious, hotel style bedroom with spacious double beds and a chaise lounge. The second was a freezing cold residence on a ranch where I slept on an incline with the aforementioned vegetables and there was no water to be found anywhere. The third room (in fact, the ONLY room that I was in for the duration of my hospital visit) was a typical ICU room with boring white walls and a mounted TV. But you can imagine Oakes' confusion when he walked in to visit my familiar room on the 3rd day and I greeted him with a "how do you like my new room!?!?" uhhhh, you've been here, Taylor..... It's fascinating how a brain acts when under the influence of drugs and illness. 

January 17th, 2013 has a rather different looking schedule. A morning run, a few classes, and a dinner date my favorite guy. I'm still on drugs, but they're the best kind out there. It's amazing how time, modern medicine, and the right attitude can change A Very Lucky Girl in two years.
now: megan hunter photography

now

now
now


now

now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?