Megan is 24!

24 years ago a beautiful girl was born. I, unfortunately, didn't know her then because I didn't quite exist yet. There are few friends that I feel like I can be completely myself around. She is one of them.
I've only known her for a year and a half. We've only been close for maybe a year. But I've learned a lot about this 24 year old in 365 days. Megan Amanda Hunter is one of the strongest women that I know. I'm not going to put her entire personal life out there, but she has experienced more than most people should have to in a mere 24 years. She's in love with her dog, Elvis, and is a model employee at the doggie daycare. She's got a penchant for photography and can inspire with merely an obscure camera angle. She has a sweet tooth the size of Texas and vocal chords that could probably emit something loud enough to cross the state line when used to full potential. I admire the way she stands up for herself and the people that she loves.


I never had the pleasure of meeting Megan's mom. But from seeing pictures and watching Megan, I can only imagine how proud she would be of this 24 year old lady. Megan laughs with me, cries with me, and watches TV shows that she made me promise not to reveal, even while I roll my eyes. I admire her for being her own person. 


She hasn't been excited about turning 24, even now she is complaining about her joints. I know she thinks life is sprinting past her, but from what I see, she's barely pushed off the blocks. She's got an entire race ahead of her and I'm glad I have the opportunity to cheer her on in every endeavor she undertakes.


A Very Lucky Girl promised Megan a 24th birthday to remember. And it starts with cake batter pancakes for breakfast today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?