Lifechurch Musings

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill
What a brilliant guy. During their series "At the Movies", Craig Groeschel used the movie "Moneyball", starring the ever-handsome Brad Pitt to illustrate a sermon. I really liked Craig's points, some of the verses he highlighted for the congregation, and the close-ups of Brad's face. 
"For though a righteous man falls seven time, he rises again..."-Proverbs 24:16
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."-Galatians 6:9
 I remember the first time I failed a test in school. I was in 6th grade in Ms. Newsome's history class and we were learning the African countries and capitals. Well, the rest of the class was learning them. I didn't, as evidenced by my failing grade on the quiz. This previously straight A student was DEVASTATED. Think hiccuping sobs and melodramatic tears. The quiz was probably maybe 1% of my final grade, but I was accustomed to perfection and when I failed I didn't know how to recover.

The good news? I've now made it to college, despite several failing grades since then. That one failure didn't define me, nor does any one success make me who I am. Oh, so I was made the All-State cross country team? Oh, so I achieved a 0.34 GPA at TCU? It's moving beyond success and failure that counts. A Very Lucky Girl is shaped by perseverance. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?