- On the way to Houston last Friday, I stopped in Madisonville at Bucee's to fill up Carson's gas tank. For those of you uninformed, Carson is my Toyota Matrix, aptly named because "he's a car, son!" *insert gangster hand signs here*. I was about an hour and a half from Houston, and I distractedly locked my wallet, phone, and keys in the car. So I wasted an hour hanging out near Texas' cleanest restrooms with some very nice people, waiting on AAA and my grimy locksmith savior.
- Once in Houston, several instances went south. The Wifi didn't work as it was supposed to, my blinds came crashing down, just missing my head, when I tried to adjust the sunlight blazing through my window, the angle of the garage was a little tight and as I tried to miss the Porsche on the left, I scraped Carson's right against the house, and, finally, I realized the tag on Carson had expired in March. MARCH. Apparently renewing a car tag wasn't high on Oakes' priority list and the oversight resulted in heavy late fees.
- Did I mention I still don't have a job and I've applied countless places?
- As I drove away from Houston I discovered I left my computer charger sitting on my bedroom floor and I realized I had given an incorrect address for my new car tag.
- And lastly, for now (I'm sure something else terrible and inconvenient is waiting in the wings), I approached Carson yesterday afternoon to discover he was saggin'. He certainly has a lot of swag, but this sag was focused solely on the back left. Like my chest, this tire was F-L-A-T. After another call to AAA (that's two in less than a week for those keeping score at home), a visit from a tow truck, and a trip to Hibdon tires, I learned poor Carson got screwed. Shoutout to Hibdon for patching the screw hole in less than half an hour!
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Kit Kats: Give Me A Break
I seriously have not been unstressed since 2012. I have felt lately like I cannot catch a break ever. I can't remember the last time my face was zit free, because I'm constantly anxious about everything.
shit crappy job of it lately. A Very Lucky Girl isn't in to "being tested" or whatever life's been doing. It's shady.