Blogger Love

I'm sure many of you know of my fellow blogger, Miranda or Life Measured in Coffee Spoons, but you probably don't know our history. I met Miranda in sixth grade at St. David's School. She was (and still is) one of a kind. And also one of the smartest people I know!
We passed notes all through middle school. These were not your average crinkled scraps of paper haphazardly stuffed into lockers...we caught the writing bug early. We would fill pages and pages of real notebooks and pass them back and forth in between class, detailing our experiences with our peers and our intense crush on Fibi.
We planned to perform in the middle school talent show together and practiced everyday after school in her mom's van. Hilary Duff serenaded us with "Someone's Watching Over Me" and we followed along with our respective solos and subsequent duet. We were pretty impressive, not going to lie. And then...I chickened out. I gave up and broke down and went against everything Hilary sings about. I didn't take a crazy chance or do a crazy dance.
Miranda was understandably upset about my talent show dropout status, especially after we spent so much time perfecting our performance, so the rest of our relationship while I remained in North Carolina was a little shaky.
Since going to college, we've reconnected through letters and Facebook. English Literature majors have to stick together. She was one of the first to compliment and encourage me about this blog.
She's in the middle of completing her senior year of college and starting her first year of graduate school (yes, simultaneously; no, she may not be entirely human) and yet still manages to write blog posts that leave me in absolute awe. It takes all kinds in the world of writing, and A Very Lucky Girl is blessed to personally know one of the best kinds!
"So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong."

Hilary Duff always applies. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?