While I'm Waiting

Delay isn't denial.
It's often hard to accurately express what I'm feeling. I've been working at it. It's difficult to enunciate what I need from people. Something about putting musical notes to words makes them easier to understand and connect with. 

Winter has come back again
Feels like the season won't end
My faith is dying tonight
And I won't try to pretend
I've got it all figured out
That I don't have any doubts
I've got a busted heart,
I need You now.

I'll show them I'm willing to fight
And give them the best of my life
So we can call this our home
Lead me, cause I can't do this alone

I got a front row seat
To the longest wait
And I just can't see
Past the things I pray
Today.
I don't know, I don't know
What tomorrow may hold
But I know, but I know
That You're holding it all
So no matter what may come

I'm gonna fix my eyes on all that You are
'Til every doubt I feel
Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
Let all my worries fade
And fall to the ground
I'm gonna seek Your face
and not look around
'Til the place I'm in
Grows strangely, strangely, strangely dim.


The last song is easier said than done. But A Very Lucky Girl is attempting to wait patiently and worry-free while God does "a new thing" and "makes a way in the wilderness" (Isaiah 43:19).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?