Ew. That's Part of My Body?

As if I already wasn't 1000% positive that I never want to work in the medical field...Health and Exercise Science is only confirming my negative position towards the intricate workings of the human body. It is going to be my cross to bear this semester. 

Test One is coming up on Monday and I'm in over my head with the cardiovascular system, pulmonary system, asthma, cancer, sleep apnea, ischemia, myocardial infarctions (fancy word for heart attacks), and hypertension. 

When my Venezuelan professor (reason number zillion why it's hard to understand this class...it's taught in an interesting variation of my first language) tells us to remember the difference between the right and left sides of the heart, this is what I think:
left sideright side


Unfortunately, I don't think that's the diagram she will be checking for on the exam. 
Based on the amount of time she has spent espousing the dangers of smoking, you'd think cigarettes are the pitfall of all health problems. Pregnant? You smoked didn't you!? Flu? Put down the menthol. Broken leg? DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT CIGARETTES DO!?

I've heard that authentic homemade gumbo is the best food to eat when preparing for a test. And it just so happens that I'm traipsing home with Tyler for the day. Hey Sharbear, gumbo? Pretty please? A Very Lucky Girl is publicly begging you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?