I've discovered my cooking forte in homemade garlic bread. This is going to be the crap-I-was-supposed-to-bring-a-dish-to-this-get-together!? recipe for the rest of my adult life. Tyler's roommate actually said "oh my god. This is amazing" for a solid 5 minutes.
Want to recreate your own Italian night? Fine, twist my arm:
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce:
This is a back to the basics situation. Even Tyler could probably make this without supervision ;) I only minimally assisted.
- Sauce from a jar. I chose Walmart brand meat flavored sauce. No complaints!
- One pound of your choice of noodles. Angel hair was the shape of the night in Tyler's kitchen.
- A package of ground turkey meat. You gotta go healthy somewhere to balance out the abundance of calories in the garlic bread to come.
Super Top Secret Garlic Cheese Bread That Only Blog Readers Will Know:
I made up this recipe from a symphony of Pinterest recipes. Some seemed too labor intensive (who even makes their own french bread anymore!?) and others, too commercial. This is the happiest of mediums.
- French bread (Take it from a Cajun, Walmart has a decent selection).
- Butter. Or I Can't Believe It's Not.
- Garlic powder.
- Italian seasoning.
- One block of White Cheddar cheese (it's been on sale for the past month #winnerwinner).
- Parmesan (not the grated-from-a-can. Splurge on fresh-ish. You won't regret it).
By now, your mouth should be crammed full with garlic bread to wash down your spaghetti. Shhhh, A Very Lucky Girl wants you to chew like you have a secret (Remember when Amanda Bynes WASN'T a reckless driver? #She'sTheMan).