Preface

"What a world we live in. I want to be incredibly close to the heart of it all. To live honestly, truthfully and to be completely present is the ultimate enterprise. And right now, I couldn't possibly ask for anything more. I am a very lucky girl."
Those are the words of Dianna Agron. I can't say that I am a huge fan of hers, but I think these words are very powerful. And I thought I should explain the title of my blog, before all else. Because I am , you know. A very lucky girl. I don't want to make this a place of complaining or ranting or pity. I want this to be a place of growth and this title will remind me everyday of how blessed I am.  


Beyond that, I am such a lover of words. My Pinterest board of quotes is titled: "for the love of all words" because I do love them all (except of course for those disgusting words like moist, panties, and supple. seriously, those are gross. English would not suffer with their destruction). I finally FINALLY decided on a major last semester. Yes, it's English Lit. I really should have seen the signs. I mean, I read books like they are popcorn (I have a very very serious addiction to popcorn. I gave it up for Lent. I don't wanna talk about it). I have the dictionary word-of-the-day sent to my phone. Basically, it was only a matter of time before I decided to make it a life long endeavor. And I have this thing for quotes, I love the way words can mesh together to become a lifeline for someone. Words are so so very powerful and when I find that magical combination to empower someone else I consider myself A Very Lucky Girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?