The Diana to My Anne

"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world"-L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)
My mom read this to me when I was little and it quickly became one of my all time favorite books. I longed for that real, true friendship that I saw between Anne and Diana and I have been lucky to find it, many times over.


 Moriah
I met her the summer before my sophomore year of high school when my family moved to Beaumont, Texas but I could swear that I have known her my entire life. I truly consider her my sister, and we are less than 2 weeks apart in age. She's older...but she sure doesn't act like it ;) (total lie, everyone knows that I can barely spell maturity, let alone act it out). Bottom line: she loves Anne of Green Gables nearly as much as me. She claims the part of Anne but I let her. I'm more than happy to forego being a ginger!

Megan
I only met her a year ago. Seriously, one year. We originally bonded over the royal wedding, but from there it just snowballed into one of the greatest friendships of my life (even if she is a ginger). We wear footie pajamas to Ihop. We eat icing and gummy bears. We check in at food places and subscribe to each other's tweets. OH and I'm really good at surprising her when I come home. She's little Miss Clueless.

Hannah
She turned 20 today! I met her about 2 and a half years ago when I first moved to Oklahoma. We didn't click immediately at first but by second semester of my senior year I was dreading saying goodbye to her in the fall. She goes to school in New York...but Megan and I are making a little trip to see her in about 3 WEEKS. I'm a little bit excited. She's always there for me, even from miles away and I can only hope that I am as half as good a friend to anyone as she is to me. 

There are several other people that I consider to be truly close to my heart, but my fingers are getting tired of typing. PLUS the pictures I have with them are really not our best and they would probably hate me for putting them up. 

But having people like Moriah, Megan, Hannah, Nathan, Marianne, Emily, Ryan, Natasha, Conner, Ashley, Savannah, Taylor, and Olivia in my life only reinforces the fact that I'm A Very Lucky Girl.

Comments

  1. YOU are the most precious. I'm so blessed to have you in my life, Taylor! I love love love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?