I was dragging myself to Sociology in a sleepy stupor this morning (where my professeur (literally accidentally typed 'professor' the french way--also are parentheses allowed inside other parentheses? YOLO) forced us to watch a movie where Amish people got it on, super awkward--unsure what the deeper meaning of life was supposed to be in that scenario) when I had this epiphany.
I used to care so much about what other people thought about me (especially guys). I think it comes with moving around a lot; I found myself trying to fit in by being someone that wouldn't rock the boat, someone that others wanted to be around. That in and of itself is not a bad thing, but when I sacrificed my true self at the altar of societal expectations I decided it was time for a change.
Time to be honest about who Taylor Olivia Arceneaux is, and guess what? If you don't like it, you don't have to date it. Or hang out with it.
1. I eat sandwiches like a freak. I take the top bread piece off and throw it away. When I eat hamburgers, I go bun-less. It's not a health thing..it's just a quirk. If it bothers you, don't eat lunch with me.
2. I don't think there is a better sound in the world than ripping To-Do post its off of my wall; people would make millions if they could sell the feeling of being accomplished. But then, that could deteriorate the purpose of the feeling.
3. Sometimes I plan out my Facebook stati, writing and rewriting them in my head until I think I've nailed the correct word arrangement that would get my point across while generating "likes". #embarrassing
4. I want to lose weight but I don't have the self-control necessary to diet. So I'm using the cut back approach. Everything in moderation!
5. I go the gym everyday and jump on that treadmill, covering my calories burned count with the ragged copy of US magazine, but I still have to remind myself not to look at the numbers on the machines of the people next to me.
6. I hate cats. They make me sneeze.
7. I don't know what I want to do with my life. Better not dwell on that one too long...could cause some panic.
8. I currently have about 6 chapsticks floating around my half of the dorm. It seems that I lose a new one every week.
9. I play Sims on my phone. No shame. (okay-maybe a little bit...)
10. I write in a journal probably once a week. I have journals dating back to 6th grade. I blush when I reread them. "Lyke ohh em geee he let me borrow his pencil today! We are totes mcgoats getting married!" I wish I was joking.
11. I cry as easily at Disney movies as I do when I watch A Walk to Remember. I've even been known to cry while watching the Bachelor...or the Biggest Loser. And I think a good cry can cure a lot of things.
12. I eat Parmesan cheese out of the container. Mom rolls her eyes but goes with it.
13. I secretly grew to like moving. It became habit to leave relationships and start new ones every few years. Still not sure if that's an entirely positive thing.
14. I'm not sleeping with you on the first date. Or the 23rd. Nice try sweetheart!
15. When I clean my room and jam to Ke$ha I booty dance. Which is doubly as funny cuz I really can't dance.
16. I hate soap. I love body wash.
17. Letters are precious to me. Write me something and I'll cherish it forever.
18. I wish I was an emotional virgin. When I love, I love completely.
19. I have lots of crushes. It's gonna be weird when they get married to people that aren't me.
20. Sometimes before I fall asleep at night I try to relive TCU and then I get really frustrated and scared when there are giant black holes in my memory.
21. I complain about waitressing but I secretly think it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had trouble getting a job right out of college and had to be in the service industry for a few years. I like interacting with all the different people and the challenge of procuring a tip that would make me smile (picking up the credit card slip when the booth is vacated is like a miniature birthday).
22. I love that my parents make me do things for myself. Sometimes I think that they are too easy on my little brother, but thinking about the person I'd be if they handed as much to me isn't nice. I like being independent, having an input in my education by paying for books and loans, and being expected to be a productive member of society by being employed when I'm not at school.
23. I have had "Our God's Alive" by Andy Cherry on repeat for the past 3 days. It gives me chills.
24. I think that pick-up lines are the funniest things ever. But I'll probably fall for them if you use them on me.
25. In case you weren't aware...I'm A Very Lucky Girl.