Thank You

 As Thanksgiving rapidly approaches, I'd like to extend some public gratification for several wonderful people I've had the privilege to interact with over the past few months. They've embraced my issues and me and offered help, no matter how far away.

First, so many, many thanks for the family I have in Louisiana. For cousins I can call whenever, for grandparents who are so graciously welcoming me for the holidays. For an aunt who has offered her home for the summer. Thank you, Taylor C., for listening to a life story that sounds much like your own and for buying cookies at Pickleman's to share just because. Thank you, Megan, for offering your thoughts, even when I don't agree with them, and for dropping your Halloween drink to hug me when I needed it. I'm thankful for the Cregor family and the way they have enveloped me even from afar during this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad year. I'm grateful for Tyler and his willingness to help, even when there is nothing he can do. I'm blessed by Kylie, even when she screenshots every Snapchat I send. The silliness she and Kirsten bring to my life help me smile when I'd rather curl up and cry. I can't wait to make a home with them in Norman next fall. Thank you to Amy B. for giving me her personal copy of "Jesus Calling" and lending me her fuzzy socks that I have yet to return. 


This has been the hardest year of my 21.45 years of life, hands down, no questions asked. But I've been enveloped by so many wonderful beings. For every hard experience I've encountered, there have been multiple people to break the falls. I've been invited so many places for the holidays. From Moore, Oklahoma to Raleigh, North Carolina, I would be guaranteed to have a celebratory time with people who love me. WOW. How very lucky is this girl? 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?