Post Grad Profession
I have completed an entire week of full-time work at Heritage College and I can honestly say that I love it. The week was not without a few bumps and bruises, but ultimately I am excited about the career I am beginning!
The things I have learned in the past 7 days include:
- I was incredibly excited to wake up on Monday morning and get ready for work! Tuesday was a far less perky story. Which leads me to...
- Coffee. Coffee is cool. Commuting is not cool in the least. Although said coffee makes the commute slightly cooler.
- I am still learning at what time I need to leave the house in order to get to work on time. I either cut it really close or got there 30 minutes early, there was no in-between.
- I need to keep plastic forks in my desk because there is no guarantee that there will be any in the break room. I ate my lunch with an ice cream scoop twice.
- I have SO much support! Thankful for sweet friends and encouraging calls and texts as I transition to this new time in my life.
- Tanner listens. I texted him Tuesday during the day from hell and mentioned I desperately needed a shot. When I went to his house for dinner that evening he met me at the door with a drink.
- All of my coworkers are fantastic and I really cannot see myself ever dreading going to work!
- Landlines are confusing and I accidentally called the front desk about 8 times. They love me.
- I am absolutely going to get tired of talking, but I am looking forward to all of the different students I will get to interact with daily.
- I truly believe in the mission of this school and that will make my job so much easier.