Post Grad Profession

I have completed an entire week of full-time work at Heritage College and I can honestly say that I love it. The week was not without a few bumps and bruises, but ultimately I am excited about the career I am beginning! 
The things I have learned in the past 7 days include:
  1. I was incredibly excited to wake up on Monday morning and get ready for work! Tuesday was a far less perky story. Which leads me to...
  2. Coffee. Coffee is cool. Commuting is not cool in the least. Although said coffee makes the commute slightly cooler.
  3. I am still learning at what time I need to leave the house in order to get to work on time. I either cut it really close or got there 30 minutes early, there was no in-between. 
  4. I need to keep plastic forks in my desk because there is no guarantee that there will be any in the break room. I ate my lunch with an ice cream scoop twice. 
  5. I have SO much support! Thankful for sweet friends and encouraging calls and texts as I transition to this new time in my life. 
  6. Tanner listens. I texted him Tuesday during the day from hell and mentioned I desperately needed a shot. When I went to his house for dinner that evening he met me at the door with a drink. 
  7. All of my coworkers are fantastic and I really cannot see myself ever dreading going to work!
  8. Landlines are confusing and I accidentally called the front desk about 8 times. They love me. 
  9. I am absolutely going to get tired of talking, but I am looking forward to all of the different students I will get to interact with daily. 
  10. I truly believe in the mission of this school and that will make my job so much easier. 
Week two begins tomorrow and I am anxious to start making calls and meeting with potential students. I'm equally excited to make my office mine with some personal touches!  I never saw any of this happening, but it feels right to A Very Lucky Girl. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selfies. Selfies EVERYWHERE.

A Penny for Your Sin

Bachelor Recap Week 2: Did You Hear it's Hannah B's Birthday?